Out of Season Anime Review : Gakuen Babysitters

I am a two sided coin if you ask me about babies, kids, and children. Sometimes, I hate them and sometimes, I just freaking love them. Thus, that is a reason why I skipped this one last season because I thought the kids in this anime would be whiny and annoying. Boy, was I wrong? My cousin said to me that I should watch Gakuen Babysitters and I did. Now, I am barely alive from a diabetes.

The story itself is very family friendly as it explores majorly on brotherly relationship between Kotaro and his older brother Ryuuichi and let the story and other character development revolved around them. But from there, this anime revealed a flaw that is a repetitive story structure. Every episode of this anime falls under the same structure : A problem with the side character ended with a resolution that will affect Kotaro and Ryuuichi's relationship and people around them. But because of that, this anime has a great character development for both brothers and characters around them. The best character development aside from the brothers is handed over to Maria Inomata as her interaction with the kids really helped her to overcome her social anxiety and even made the "love rival" as her own friend.

And of course, the major surplus for this anime is located on its level of sweetness and cuteness. Everyone who has a soft spot for kids and babies would eventually died from diabetes as the kids in this anime are less whiny and so innocent at the same time. Added with that familial bonds with each other, this anime became a major sugar bomb for anyone who watch this.

Overall, I like this anime because of its sweetness and cuteness. I would like to recommend this anime to anyone who just want to relieve their stress just like how cute cats and dogs videos did to them.

(This review was previously written in MAL : https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=281962)

Comments