Legend of Korra Book 4 - Trailer Breakdown

Last week, the Legend of Korra Book 4 trailer released and made a huge surprise for many people around the world. Book 4 will be the last season of Legend of Korra and there are many revealed informations in the trailer. I will break it down for you but before that, if you have not watch it. You should watch it first here...



To make it easier, I will break it down from five most surprising moments in the trailer and I will start from...

5. Zuko's Daughter
She has been mentioned a few times in previous seasons but never make an appearance until this trailer came out. She is rumored as the fire queen from previous seasons. But the most surprising thing is...
I did not thought that she will wear glasses.
I thougt she will somehow has a great resemblance with her aunt, Azula. But I never expected her on glasses. Maybe it is a way to show how people have developed since.

4. Three Years Later
The Legend of Korra Book 4 will take place three years after Book 3 event. I expect many characters development inside this season as the trailer revealed that Korra cuts her hair (dramatically), air bender gliding suit (which I think it is cool), and many montages of Metal Clan soldiers and mechatanks.
It is never expected that Book 4 will come earlier, too. Now with a three year time jump, Konietzko is very smart to play his card with DiMartino. The audience of this show still got their flames of spirits to know what will going to happen and they will expecting this show more than usual.

3. Kuvira on a Larger Role
While in Book 3 she was only had a few lines of words, she will have a huge contribution for this Book. For people who don't know who Kuvira is, she is the general at Metal Clan army. With that grin and fight showed on the trailer, I suggest she will be a villain on this Book. But guess what, I don't know for real.
In the trailer she is heavily featured in fights montage. If she is not the villain, I think she will be a reason that Korra will be back on action after years of resting.

2. Air Bender's Gliding Suit
Overall this is the best appearance changing throughout the trailer. I love how they glide without staffs and use their suit as their flying support. They fly like a flying squirrel. Jumping here and there.
I think that the suit makes them easier to move in air as they no longer bound to a static moves of gliding staff. And the suit makes them easier to dive bomb as it useful for surprise attacks and ambushes.

1. "I can't believe it... Toph?!"
In the end of the trailer, Korra in a very wounded condition said those words. This is what people have been waiting for.
A comeback for Toph Beifong.
She is the legendary earthbender and has been reported missing. We have not seen her appearance yet in this trailer but this is a HUGE news for Avatar fans around the world. I think Toph will be a resolution for this Book's conflict. And I think that will involving her children : Lin and Suyin. I cannot wait to see how Toph looks or what Toph has become because she is like over 80 years old.
From Book 3, it is mentioned that Toph has gone missing in her mission to search for enlightments. And that does not mean she is dead yet. I knew she will come back and this trailer ending was making me shocked.

I really look after this show and cannot wait for October, 3rd. Will this season be a surprise? or will it be a major let down for fans?

Comments